What's it about
The topics covered in the five modules:
- Misinformation and disinformation.
- The role of algorithms in the spread of disinformation.
- How are we misled? On framing and propaganda.
- Online deception: phishing, deepfakes, memes and conspiracy theories.
- What does a fact checker do? And what can you do yourself?
How to use it
Factcheckers consists of five different modules, which you can use separately or sequentially in the classroom. For each module, there are content videos for your students and one or more corresponding teaching methods that you can use in the classroom.
- You can use the videos in two ways: students watch the videos in advance at home as an individual learning process or you can do it together in class. You can find the videos here. Please note: the videos are in Dutch. Turn on subtitles on Youtube.
- Download the teacher's guide below with all the info on the themes, methods and worksheets.
- In the teaching methods, you and your students actively work with one of the insights from each module. The length of the methods varies, as is indicated for each method. Some methods are accompanied by a powerpoint to support the teacher in the classroom.